What We’re Doing Now
If you ever want to know what we’re up to, this is the place. (This idea is based on the movement created by Derek Sivers.)
But NOW, we’re in Bend, Oregon! After three years on the road, we’re ready to roost for awhile in one place. This time around, we decided to check out this sweet outdoor-oriented town for maximum winter fun. I’m stoked to explore Central Oregon, an area I’ve always loved. There are spring, summer, and fall trips in the works, but nothing over a few weeks.
Current focus is:
- Connecting with Bend’s community of active, adventurous people.
- Soaking up the last of the fall mountain biking around Bend and in the Cascades.
- Learning how to ski! After years of dodging winter or nordic skiing, we have season passes to Mt. Bachelor. My goal is to be good enough for backcountry fun by the spring.
- Focusing on rock climbing after a four-year pause, plus deepening my commitment to strength and mobility exercises.
- Reading as much as possible. (Say hi on my Goodreads profile)
- Honing my photography and video skills – here is a MTB one from Iceland and another (gnarlier) one from Canada.
Those are my priorities. If they change, I’ll update this page. Last modified October 4, 2016