I’m stoked to share this podcast interview with me and Chelsea. It’s a fun conversation packed with discussions of business and travel, plus lots of joking around.
It’s a great way to learn more about what fueled our desire for our footloose lifestyle. You’ll also dig it if you’re dreaming of working remotely or currently building a business with the goal of a travel-filled, flexible lifestyle.
Our interviewer is my friend Michael Knouse, one of my favorite people. He runs The Startup Sessions and “helps entrepreneurs create extraordinary lives while building meaningful businesses.”
- What we love and value in life
- Why we hit the road in the first place
- My initial concerns about stepping away from my business to begin traveling
- How to test drive an adventure
- How the original trip evolved into a 4,000 mile bicycle tour
- Chelsea connecting with her past in the Midwest
- How an invitation from friends led to cycle touring in Europe in 2015
- How travel inspired advocacy and our Farm Sanctuary internship
One of my favorite quotes from the interview: “Focusing on the day in front of you will prepare you faster and more effectively than trying to forecast what’s ahead.”
Questions that made our brains smoke:
- Most influential book
- Our business super power
- What idea or belief do very few people agree with us on?
- If we could call ourselves five years ago, and only had 30 seconds, what would we say?
- What do we most want to be remembered for?
I hope you enjoy listening to the episode as much as we did recording it! Below are a few playback options.